A kitchen hood which is also known as the exhaust hood hangs over commercial ovens, grills, fryers, and other equipment in cooking. It has mechanical fans to eliminate heat, smoke, grease, and odors. It attracts filth and debris which is why it needs to be cleaned once in a while.
Hood Cleaning Benefits in Restaurants
During peak cooking hours, your restaurant’s hood receives a steady stream of unclean, greasy air. You should have to make a move right away to clean the hood. You can hire exhaust hoods and fans Florida to do the cleaning so you can get the following benefits.
- Improves kitchen airflow. Grease and dirt buildup in the ventilation system reduces air circulation and makes cooking less pleasant and unhealthy.
- Prevents kitchen fires. Grease burns. It’s a danger in a kitchen when it builds up or drips from the ceiling.
- Reduces greasy-induced slips and falls. The presence of grease can lead to accidents because of its slippery nature.
- Improves overall kitchen hygiene. Contamination occurs when old food and residue remain in a cooking setting. It pollutes the whole room.
- Saves you from penalties and closures. Removing buildup on your blower blades can help extend their life.
- Keeps you out of trouble. Commercial range hood cleaning is essential in maintaining a safe and healthy establishment.
- Works quietly. When there is a buildup on the blades, the fan gets noisier.
How to Clean a Restaurant Vent Hood
If you are having doubts of hiring a vent hood cleaner thinking that this is just an added expense, then you can follow these steps below to do the cleaning yourself.
- Prepare all the needed materials for cleaning such as rubber gloves, scrubbing pad, plastic sheeting, sanitation bucket, and more. You need to cover the surfaces with plastic sheeting to avoid contamination. Don’t forget the unplug everything.
- Remove the hood filters and brush them with a scrubbing pad. If the filters are not too dirty, you can simply clean them in a dishwasher. On the other hand, if it is filled with too much dirt, then you need to soak them in the water for about three hours or even overnight.
- Remove and clean the grease traps. Avoid spilling the grease and put it in a container. Never put it on a drain because this will only lead to blockages.
- Remove the blower blades and fans. You can use a scrubbing pad in cleaning the blades and fans yet, if they are still dirty, then better soak them in water.
- Once you’re done cleaning and drying the parts, you can now assemble them. If there are parts that need to be replaced, do it if you want it to work efficiently.
It is greatly important to maintain a clean kitchen hood all the time knowing that it receives too much wear and tear every day. Consider hiring exhaust hoods and fans Florida because they know exactly what to do in getting rid of all the dirt to bring the proper functioning of the kitchen hood.