The THC edible market has exploded in recent years. Although cannabis-infused foods provide great effects, dosing is difficult. People with lower tolerances are overwhelmed by large servings. Microdosing has grown in popularity because it allows for subtle benefits without causing intense highs.
Having greater control over your cannabis experience is the biggest benefit of microdosing. By limiting THC intake, you avoid undesirable side effects like paranoia, anxiousness, sedation, and fogginess that higher doses induce. You experience subtler effects that simply take the edge off and amplify the mood. Microdosing allows the supplement-like properties of cannabis to come forward.
Microdosing also prevents you from building up too much of a tolerance. Large doses taken routinely lead to needing more and more THC to get the same impact. Microdosing preserves sensitivity so effects don’t diminish as rapidly. It also helps your endocannabinoid receptors from becoming overloaded and overstimulated. Moderation is key for maintaining balance within the ECS. Starting with microdoses enables inexperienced consumers to dip their toes into cannabis use safely. It provides new users a chance to see how cannabis affects them without unpleasant surprises. Veterans also use microdosing to wean off of reliance on large doses. Overall, microdosing promotes responsible use by keeping cannabis supplemental rather than central.
How to microdose with thcv gummies?
Microdosing works best when you precisely control serving sizes. thcv gummies available in 2.5 to 5 milligram increments are ideal for microdosing.
- Start low and go slow – Begin with just 2.5 milligrams, especially if you have no prior cannabis experience. Wait at least 2 hours to allow this low dose to take full effect before considering another 2.5-milligram gummy. Be patient and let your body adapt slowly.
- Increase incrementally – If after a few times, 2.5 milligrams doesn’t provide any noticeable effects, incrementally increase your dose by consuming another 2.5 milligram gummy. Increase microdoses gradually until you find your minimal effective dose.
- Find your optimal dose – Most THC-naive users report a minimal effective dose between 2.5 to 5 milligrams. However, everyone metabolizes THC differently based on factors like weight, gender, age, etc. Finding your optimal microdose takes some trial and error.
- Use a dosing schedule – Take microdoses 1 to 3 times throughout the day. Consume gummies at specific times versus sporadically to maintain a steady level of effects. Make sure to avoid late in the evening to prevent sleep disruption.
- Take breaks – To keep tolerance low, take periodic breaks from microdosing like weekends or certain days per week. You also switch between THC and CBD mini gummies during breaks to keep experiencing benefits while giving your ECS a rest.
- Increase as needed slowly – If over time your regular microdose stops providing desired effects, only increase your dose by another 2.5 milligrams. For example, go from 5 to 7.5 milligrams versus doubling your dose. Pay attention to changes in tolerance.
- Practice moderation – No matter how small the dose, overconsumption still occurs. Stick within microdosing ranges and avoid exceeding 10 milligrams per dose. Microdosing should enhance but not dominate your day.
Recording your doses, their effects, and any side affects you notice helps optimize your routine. Tracking progress over time shows how your system responds.